The new Student Service Center seeks exceptional students to join this team as Student Service Agents for an average of 15 hours per week during Fall and Spring semesters, as well as the Summer. Service Agents are exemplary in professionalism, peer leadership, customer service, and communication.
They are also detailed and accurate; utilize discretion and confidentiality while providing current and former students, parents, alumni, and faculty and staff information about registration, financial aid, student records, billing, and payment through multiple methods including in-person, email, and through case management in SalesForce database.
Please be aware of the following:
1. We are currently working in a remote fashion; everyone is working from home.
2. For this round of hiring, working over the summer will be required (15 hours per week during summer is the minimum)
3. If you are invited for an interview, please prepare for a virtual interview over Zoom during the summer.
4. If you are hired and choose to work with us, your tentative start date will be the summer.
5. We are looking for students to start working over the summer and to work with us throughout the next school semester.